The Public Health Emergency Declaration ended on May 11, 2023, (as determined by the federal Department of Health and Services). TAC Health and Employee Benefits Pool (TAC HEBP) benefits for COVID-19 related services will be as follows:
- Physician and facility charges (inpatient and outpatient) for COVID-19 testing and/or treatment are covered like any other medical condition under the health plan (subject to deductibles, copays and coinsurance).
- Prescription drugs are covered under Pharmacy Benefits (subject to Rx/pharmacy deductibles, copays and coinsurance).
- The cost of over-the-counter COVID-19 tests will not be covered by the health plan.
- The COVID-19 vaccine, including charges for administering the vaccine, will be covered at 100%.
- Members can continue to receive COVID-19 services via telephone consultation with their physician, at standard office visit rates as defined by their health plan.
- The MDLive copay for telemedicine services will continue to be waived until further notice.
For specific questions about your health plan coverage, contact:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas Customer Care: (855) 357‑5228 between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. CST.
- Navitus (prescription drug benefits) Customer Care: (844) 268‑9789, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.