The Texas Association of Counties (TAC) is seeking a qualified person for a Learning & Development Specialist position. Primary responsibilities are to develop training courses and learning programs for the TAC and County Information Resources Agency (CIRA) to provide to its members. This role is responsible for overseeing the entire life cycle of both in person and online training courses and programs, including planning, content development, marketing and promotional efforts, evaluation and implementing improvements. The position will be required to perform some in person and online training courses. Responsible for leading member-facing customer service and support training deployed by TAC's learning management system (LMS.) The position will develop and maintain effective relationships with other department stakeholders to ensure alignment and best practices are utilized, including a consistent, well-built, and usable learning environment. Responsible for developing and delivering analytic reports that support continued learning, growth, and overall user experience.
The Learning & Development Specialist will be expected to:
- Develop online LMS training courses and learning programs including creating course curriculum, course content (including videos, slide decks, etc.), and accompanying informational guides and materials.
- Develop and facilitate in-person training courses and learning programs including creating course curriculum and agendas, course content, accompanying informational guides and materials, and sourcing speakers and performing training courses.
- Perform training courses and learning programs for members, including in person sessions, webinars, and one-on-one video sessions.
- Serve as primary customer service and support role to ensure members can access online training courses hosted in the LMS in accordance with Service Level Agreements (SLAs), including providing technical assistance and resolving technical issues.
- Develop and execute marketing plans to promote training courses, including drafting collateral (mass emails, brochures, magazine ads, etc.), and attending events to discuss training opportunities with members.
- Manage training-related projects and initiatives, including training-related event planning, LMS software updates and improvements, and feedback gathering campaigns.
- Establish and manage a process for evaluating the success and value of training courses and learning programs, using key metrics to determine and implement improvements and additional training opportunities and audiences.
- Proactively develop and document training-related processes and strategies, including procedures for content management, change management, strategic reporting, and success evaluation.
- Provide reports and training-related data as necessary, collaborating with other stakeholders, on topics like technology optimization, security, data, continuing education and legal mandates.
- Perform other duties or special projects as assigned.
Experience / Education Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in instructional design, graphic design, user experience design, instructional technology, business or related field is required.
- A minimum three years' experience administering a Learning Management System including design, configuration and support.
- Experience and understanding of eLearning standards including SCORM (Sharable Content Object Reference Model), AICC (Aviation Industry CBT Committee) and xAPI (Experience Application Programming Interface) is preferred.
- Experience with content design and/or content management experience, including UI/UIX (User Interface / User Interface Extensibility) is preferred.
Other Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of design principles, patterns, and latest design trends with a strong eye for web typography, color and layout.
- Position requires being highly technology literate, including quickly learning new applications and tools.
- Position requires project management capabilities, including effective change management.
- Position requires excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to relate to persons with a variety of cultural, economic, and educational backgrounds including the ability to present and effectively communicate to executive-level staff.
- Strong interpersonal, customer relationship/partnership, and influence skills to facilitate the implementation of efficient business processes supported by technology across all departments, including effectively leading change, originating ideas and championing, and gaining commitment.
- Must demonstrate strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills in evaluating situations, making recommendations, and taking prompt, effective corrective action including the ability to develop and maintain detailed project plans that include milestones, tasks, and target dates of completion.
- Position requires a high degree of professionalism, confidentiality, and courtesy in representing the department, both internally and in its contacts with members and vendors.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills required. Must be highly organized and pay attention to detail.
- Some travel required.
Texas Association of Counties provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
We are also committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact HR@county.org.
Please send cover letter, salary requirement and resume to HR@county.org. No phone calls, please.